The Child, by Fiona Barton; Lost and Found Sisters, by Jill Shalvis; Secrets of the Tulip Sisters, by Susan Mallery; The Secrets She Keeps, by Michael Robotham; and Watch Me Disappear, by Janelle Brown. What do all of these new fiction books have in common? Secrets of many kinds – and you, the reader, get to watch those secrets be revealed as the stories unfold…
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Whether their authors are well-known celebrities or people with whom we’re not familiar, but who have led interesting lives or had unusual experiences, memoirs offer us a fascinating glimpse into the lives of those who write them. Some recent memoirs for your consideration include: Al Franken, Giant of the Senate, by Al Franken; A Beautiful, Terrible Thing: A Memoir of Marriage and Betrayal; by Jen Waite; Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body, by Roxane Gay; I Can't Make This Up: Life Lessons, by Kevin Hart and Neil Strauss; and Theft by Finding: Diaries (1977-2002); by David Sedaris.
Thursday, July 6, 2017
As promised last week, here are some additional forthcoming books by some of your favorite authors:
- Sleeping Beauties, a collaboration between Stephen King and his son Owen, will be released on September 26th
- Debbie Macomber’s latest standalone novel, Any Dream Will Do, will be released on August 8th, followed by the release of Merry and Bright, a Christmas novel, on October 3rd
- Fans of Ree Drummond’s cookbooks will be delighted to discover that her newest “Pioneer Woman” cookbook, The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Come and Get It!: Simple, Scrumptious Recipes for Crazy Busy Lives, will be released on October 24th; and
- End Game, the fifth book in David Baldacci’s Will Robie series, will be released on November 14th
Thursday, June 29, 2017
If you’re anything like me, your favorite authors just can’t write books quickly enough for you! Even though these books are not available yet, here’s what you have to look forward to from some popular authors.
- Sandra Brown’s newest book, Seeing Red, will be released on August 15th
- Clive’s Cussler’s husband and wife team of Sam and Remi Fargo will continue their adventures in The Romanov Ransom, to be released on September 12th
- To Be Where You Are, the latest book in Jan Karon’s popular “Mitford” series, will be released on September 19th. (If you have a Facebook account, you can get a peek at the first chapter of the book by accessing the link on Ms. Karon’s Facebook page.)
More forthcoming books next week!
Thursday, June 22, 2017
Here are some of the latest “hot” new fiction titles recently added to our collection – just in time for the arrival of summer: Beach House for Rent, by Mary Alice Monroe; He Said/She Said, by Erin Kelly; Indecent Exposure, by Stuart Woods, Magpie Murders, by Anthony Horowitz; and The Ministry of Utmost Happiness, by Arundhati Roy.
Thursday, June 15, 2017
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back this summer for our Adult Summer Reading Program, made possible by the Friends of the Riverdale Public Library. While the program features the theme “Build a Better World,” you choose the books that you want to read. Then submit weekly entries and reviews about what you read for chances to win prizes each week! Registration for Adult Summer Reading begins at the library on Monday, June 26th.